Security and Prohibited
Unlawful activities on this Site are strictly prohibited. This includes tampering with this Site, misrepresenting the identity of a user, using buying agents or conducting fraudulent activities.
Site users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of this Site, including without limitation:
(1) accessing data not intended for such user or logging onto a server or an account which the user is not authorized to access;
(2) using this Site for unintended purposes or trying to change the behavior of this Site;
(3) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
(4) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to this Site, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mailbombing” or “crashing”;
(5) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting; and
(6) forging communications on behalf of this Site (impersonating this site) or to this Site (impersonating a legitimate user). Sending unsolicited and unauthorized e-mail on behalf of EveryDog Inc., including promotions and/or advertising of products or services, is expressly prohibited. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
You agree not to use any device, software or routing data to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Site or any activity being conducted on this Site. You agree not to use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent, data or other device or mechanism (including browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search this Site other than the search engine and search agents provided by EveryDog Inc. or publicly available browsers.
Content that does the following types of things is illegal and/or prohibited on this Site:
- Is patently offensive to the online community, such as content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- Is or could be harmful to minors, including material that exploits persons under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- Provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons; violating someone’s privacy; providing or creating computer viruses;
- Solicits passwords, personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
- Harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- Displays pornographic material of any kind;
- Involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters”, or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”;
- Promotes information that you know is false, misleading, or promotes illegal activities or conduct, or is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- Is or promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, provides information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, or provides pirated content or links to pirated content files;
- Contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page); and
- Engages in commercial activities and/or sales relating to EveryDog Inc. without EveryDog Inc. prior written consent, such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a EveryDog Inc. official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party;
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials, except in those areas (such as shopping) that are designated for such purpose; in no event, however, is junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid or Ponzi schemes, or the like allowed;
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialog, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the Service are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- Collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth above.
You agree to indemnify and hold EveryDog Inc. and its officers, agents, employees, and other partners, harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your access to the EveryDog Inc. Site, your use of the EveryDog Inc. Site, any content posted, uploaded or transmitted by you, your use or distribution of any content, your violation of these Conditions of Use, any use of your account or password by you or any third party, or the infringement or other violation by you, or any third party using your account or password, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.